QUICK TIPS & TRICKS
LET'S TALK TICKS
Mosquito Busters not only rids your yard of pesky mosquitoes, but we take care of ticks too! Did you know that ticks will arrive before mosquitoes and hang around after the mosquitoes are gone? Ticks arrive once the ground temperature is above 0 degrees Celsius, so it’s important to have a plan in place in advance.
Ticks can carry the pathogens for ten human diseases and spread illnesses such as Lyme disease, and Anaplasmosis. These diseases are major health concerns, reinforcing the need to prevent tick bites. Symptoms of tick-borne illnesses include fever, headache, chills, and muscle aches. Ticks are among the most efficient carriers of disease because they attach firmly when sucking blood, feed slowly and may go unnoticed for a considerable amount of time while feeding.
Pet owners and parents alike are concerned with tick prevention because a tick bite can have serious implications for children and pets. Five of the ten diseases ticks transmit to humans can be transmitted to pets. That is why keeping everyone (furry or not) around your household tick-free is important.
Quick Tips and Tricks for Additional Tick Prevention!
With help from Mosquito Busters, you can get ahead of any ticks, mosquitoes, and other outdoor pest control issues on your property this season by implementing the following habits:
- Keep grass mowed and trees trimmed.
- Move wood piles away from the home.
- Keep pets out of thickly wooded areas where tick activity is high.
- Move swing sets, sandboxes, and other play areas away from wooded areas.
- Wear long sleeves, pants, closed shoes when walking in wooded or grassy areas to avoid tick bites.
- Wash clothing immediately after coming inside and inspect kids and pets for ticks.
- Use professional outdoor pest control services to protect your yard from ticks and mosquitoes.
Ticks cannot jump or fly, they can only crawl. They sit on the tips of grass and shrubs while waiting for hosts. When brushed by a moving animal or person, ticks quickly let go of the vegetation and climb onto the host.
To avoid this, use prevention methods to keep ticks out of your yard and let Mosquito Busters spray your yard and set up a barrier for these intruders.
To avoid the host being you, let us be another line of defense against tick-borne illnesses. Call us today for a free quote.
Give your yard and pets freedom from flea-dom
Most people know the common annoyances of fleas for cats, dogs, and sometimes even humans. Their bites are itchy, their saliva can be an allergen causing rashes, and they can cause skin problems when your cat or dog scratches incessantly. What many people don’t realize is that fleas actually carry diseases just like mosquitoes and ticks.
By learning about fleas and how to control them with important prevention techniques and professional services, you can reduce your family’s exposure to fleas, ticks and mosquitoes, and the health risks they carry.
What you need to know:
- Fleas find hosts and those hosts are warm-blooded animals. Naturally, they are usually dogs and cats, but they can also be mice, rats, and other rodents.
- fleas can consume 15 times their own body weight in blood, they can cause anemia and a significant amount of blood loss over time. They can even cause tapeworms.
- A female flea can lay 2,000 eggs, and fleas can bite up to 400 times a day, so you should have a flea prevention plan in place to keep your home and pets protected.
If you have pets, veterinarians recommend a monthly flea and tick preventative given once a month during all seasons.
- An important supplement to that is treating your yard to keep it flea-free. Our mosquito control services also kill and prevent fleas and ticks, so let Mosquito Busters be your first line of defense against these disease-carrying pests.
With help from Mosquito Busters, you can get ahead of any flea issues on your property this season. Call us and our friendly, professional outdoor pest control service can help protect your yard from fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.